So I have officially lost my age in pounds. Thats crazy. It’s still crazy that I am actually 30, but even more that I finally lost 30 pounds. I still have a long way to go, how long I don’t really know. Its hard to have a set goal when you don’t have anything really to compare to… I know most people’s goals are “to be the same weight that they were in high school” “or to fit into a certain pair of jeans” but I have kind of always been this way, so really in a way this is an experiment to see where I can actually get to.
Sure I could have lost more weight, and faster, but I am happy with my progess. I haven’t gone crazy, I haven’t gotten too obsessive, and I haven’t endangered my health by doing any diet crazy/gimmick in the quest to actually get healthy.
lets count down the things that I have done since I started this whole thing that I never would have done before
– wake up before 11am (I still sometimes miss sleeping in all the time)
– own sneakers that actually are practical and not platforms
– own an entire wordrobe of t-shirts and work out pants
– go to the gym 6 days a week
– stay at the gym for at least an hour each time
– enjoy running
– run my first 5K race
– commit to 2 other 5k races that are outside in the dead of summer
– drink protein shakes
– go from a size 18 to a 12
– start a blog about fitness lol
did I miss anything? probably. But those are the highlights.
Here’s to the next 30 pounds I suppose.